After reading the initial article on AIGA investigating the trends of the “new” designer, I was pretty sure it was going to be total intellectual bullshit, but then I read the Designer of 2015 Trends and I nodded along as I concur with the ideas. I’m not sure these findings are revolutionary but it’s probably good we’re getting them on paper?
- Wide and deep: meta-disciplinary study and practice
- Expanded scope: scale and complexity of design problems
- Targeted messages: a narrow definition of audiences
- Break through: an attention economy
- Sharing experiences: a co-creation model
- Responsible outcomes: focusing on sustainability